Instructions for speaker
How to conduct lectures using the Live Video Streaming tool?
Join the event using the link you received from the administrator. Remember to agree to use the microphone and camera by the browser. This is crucial for conducting webinars and online meetings
How do you check that the microphone is working?
Remember to make sure that your microphone and camera are turned on before starting the lecture. You can do this by pressing the selected icon in the Audio & Video section. If you have a camera and a microphone built into the device, and the equipment is not detected, then go to your browser settings and agree to the use of the above-mentioned items by the Meeting Application page. If you use external microphones or cameras make sure that this equipment has been properly connected to the computer by going to the computer settings.
How do you navigate the panel?
After going to the panel, you’ll get a view which you can manage as a speaker. Depending on the layout, the right or left sidebar has the following windows: Audio & Video, Participants and chat. You can manage this view by selecting the “view” option on the top bar and choosing the layout that is right for you – this view will also be available to users.
How to start a session?
To start the session, press “Start” on the top bar. Turning it on means that your lecture has just started and users can see the content you are presenting. The time from the start of the session is counted on the clock in the upper right corner. The started session can be intermittent by adding a pause.
How to allow users to join the lecture
On the top menu, there is a padlock, in the meme when it is closed, it means that users joining the event pass in the waiting room. To enable them to join your lecture, start it, and then open the padlock. People who are watching you will be visible in the “Participants” section.
Pause during the lecture!
Technical break, or just a break during the lecture? It is possible! If you need a moment, press the “Pause” button in the upper right corner of the screen, and in the pop-up form enter the message you want to give users and select the length of the break from the drop-down list.
In order to share a presentation, film, survey or other resources, select “+” in the left corner of the presentation window. To smoothly navigate the panel, you can prepare more than one presentation window before starting the lecture by creating tabs that appear at the top of this module.
- Tests and surveys – if you want to examine the opinions of users during the lecture – create a survey or test and contact the organizer to arrange the details.The test prepared in advance and added to the panel will be available for selection after pressing the “Surveys and Tests” button. It will be displayed on the screen of users who will be able to fill it immediately.
- YouTube player – if you want to share a video with Youtube, select the player option, and paste the previously prepared link. For the movie to appear in the presentation window, press the arrow on the right.
- Blackboard – allows writing and drawing with tools such as erasers, pen and pen.
- Share screen – after pressing this option, you share the screen of your computer with users. When sharing the screen, we recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Opera.
- Call to action – if you want the meeting participants to make a move, go to another website, or be redirected to another meeting, create a call to action by creating a button that will appear on their screens. A call to action can be created during presentations or prepared in advance.
- Files – before starting the lecture, send to the event administrator files in the form of presentations and photos that you want to share. After selecting this option, you will gain access to a database of files prepared by the speakers. Select the appropriate presentation from the list.
- Voting manager – create a vote with two answers: yes or no. Display them at the bottom of the screen or in the “Users” section. Guests of your event will be able to vote by selecting thumbs up or down.
- Live broadcast – download the link to share the broadcast from your lecture.
The presentation can be conducted in one of three modes. The mode should be selected from the drop-down list under the button with the name of the selected mode.
- Discussion mode – All participants can speak. For larger sessions, up to 25 participants can talk at the same time. The rest are listening.
- Presentation mode – Only the presenter can speak.
- Questions and Answers – Only the presenter can speak. Participants may ask to speak.
Smoothly change the appearance of your screen view between Video Call and Presentation. Change the presentation view to the discussion view by selecting the “Webinar” button on the top session management bar. You can also change the view from the discussion to the webinar by selecting the ellipses in the upper right corner, and then selecting the “Meeting” button.
To record video, select the “Record” button on the top bar and then “Start recording”. Recording may have a different layout from the one you use at the time of the presentation. To set the layout of the screen being recorded, select the “Change recording template” button from the drop-down menu and set the option that will work best when recording and start recording.
TIP! If you want only the presentation to be visible on the recording, select the second layout from the right.
Recordings from the session will be in the administration panel and will be available to event administrators. If you want to get a video from the lecture, be sure to contact the organizer.